Feeding The Masses: Food & Family Reunions
This post is dedicated to all of you lucky people out there who are in charge of the food planning at your family reunion. Coral Springs Resort is an excellent option for accommodating and feeding large groups. Below are some ideas that you could try at your next family reunion cookout.
Breakfast Time Ideas
A waffle bar is a great way to serve a large group and an easy way to share the meal responsibilities with other family reunion members. Get your waffle irons ready!!!
Lunch Time Ideas
Once again easy to coordinate fun to execute. Below is one of my favorite recipes for the best baked potato and chip topping you will ever try. It is a family secret so shhhh… don’t tell anyone…
1 Cup: Sour Cream
1 Cup: Mayonnaise
1 Buttermilk Packet of Ranch
1 Cup: Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3-5: Green Onions chopped
Mix together and wallah the perfect topping for you baked potato and your potato chips.
Dinner Time Ideas
This is a fun unique idea for a BBQ setting at Coral Springs. Get those Grills fired up on your deck and enjoy. Below is the recipe for Mexican Street corn. This will make two ears of corn but you can multiply as many times as you need to feed your large group enjoy!
- 2 ears sweet corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ lime
- sea salt, to taste
- smoked paprika, to taste
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Rub ears of corn with cold butter (easier to coat the raw ears of corn evenly)
- In a small bowl, whisk chili powder into mayonnaise and set aside.
- Grill corn for 6 to 8 minutes, until tender, turning a couple of times to char evenly.
- Transfer corn to a serving platter and coat cobs with remaining butter. Squeeze lime over each cob and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Slather each cob evenly with chili mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika, scallion, cilantro, and cotija over cobs.
While you are grilling up your corn you have the option of grilling shish kebabs, steaks, burgers, hot dogs, chicken or fish for the entire group. Don’t forget to enjoy the beautiful St. George sunset as your grill. Below is an example of a fun Burger Bar for a large group.
I know you have a bunch of old mason jars at home from a canning project that you never ended up tackling. Below is a fun easy recipe for a Limeade Slush that will knock the socks off your guests.
8 Cups: Water
3 Cups: Sugar
1 Minute-made Limeade Concentrate
Mix and Freeze into 2 gallon ziplock bags
Pour 2 liters of sprite over the frozen slush and you will have created a drink masterpiece!
Make it easy on everyone and have a simple candy bar after your dinner. This is an easy way for everyone to pitch in and bring some yummy treats.
I hope that this will give you some great ideas for your upcoming family reunion. Please contact us @ [email protected] if you have any fun family reunion food ideas or if you would like to plan your next family reunion at Coral Springs Resort. See you soon!
Live Well, Travel Better